WHY WE DO IT:
- When a family has no place to live after a hurricane; we think that’s wrong.
- We know the next hurricane or flood is one storm away.
- We believe the best way to resilient communities is having sustainable infrastructure.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Through our Housing Repair program, we coordinate volunteers and businesses to support families in our community
- We are a South Carolina State partner for Georgetown and Williamsburg County for housing repair; which means we provide management and leadership for post disaster recovery efforts.
- Winyah Bay Long-Term Recovery Group
- Disaster Preparedness Activities
- DIY Workshops
SC Housing Trust Fund (SC-HTF) – delivers funds through established partnerships with other governmental entities, qualified non-profit sponsors and for-profit sponsors. SC HTF, as legislated, works through a network of Sponsors, including non-profit and governmental entities. These organizations apply for funding, and then use the funds to provide affordable housing to eligible citizens. Individual citizens who are looking for assistance through the SC HTF should contact Black River United Way, an approved sponsor.
OUR SCORING SUCCESS:
• 22 In Georgetown • 42 In Williamsburg
TOTAL SPENT BY COUNTY: $187,973.72 Georgetown • $252,950.93 Williamsburg
NUMBER OF HOMES APPROVED BY COUNTY: 22 Georgetown • 42 Williamsburg
There are still so many more families in distress to help.